Entry and exit requirements:
- Returning Bolivian citizens and residents, foreigners, diplomats, members of special missions and international organizations may enter the country without mandatory quarantine upon arrival, but they must show a valid certification of a specific PCR test for COVID-19 with a negative result before of the flight.
- Travelers should be prepared for the implementation of additional travel restrictions, which may affect international travel, with short or not advance notice. Visit the Official Site of the Government of Bolivia on COVID-19 for updated information. https://www.boliviasegura.gob.bo/
- There are procedures to control passengers health state at airports and other points of entry into the country.
- All passengers will have their temperature taken before entering the airports and pre-boarding areas. People with a fever or temperature above 38 ° C (100.4 ° F) will be referred to the airport medical unit for a medical evaluation.
- Minors under 18 years of age are able to travel travel only accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Children cannot travel unaccompanied.
Country specific information:
- National quarantine measures until October 31, 2020 to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- The use of face masks in public places is mandatory and social distancing measures must be respected.
- Schools and other public events remain suspended.
- Government and private offices, workplaces and other services that are open during the COVID-19 pandemic operate short hours and generally close before normal business hours.
- The use of private transport is prohibited from 00:00 to 05:00 hours from Monday to Sunday.
- Commercial activity is prohibited from 00:00 to 05:00 hours on Saturday and Sunday.
- The departmental and municipal governments will determine the commercial activity and other services not governed by the national decree and may add restrictions as required by local conditions, these measures are determined and modified weekly according to the evolution of the pandemic.
- All land, river and lake borders will remain closed. Air borders will remain open to national and international transport.
- For domestic flights, passengers must submit a medical report stating that the passenger has no symptoms of Covid-19.
- There are no restrictions on intercity or interdepartmental travel.
Travelers should be prepared for the implementation of travel restrictions affecting international travel, which can take effect with short or no notification at all.
From Monday to Sunday: people and vehicles are prohibited from driving at night between 00:00 and 05:00.