The topography of Bolivia offers immense possibilities for carrying out tourism activities for all tastes, from Cordillera de los Andes to the Amazonian region; it offers you the possibility of doing any type of tourism activity ranging from great adventures through the mountains to trekking on agricultural land of local communities. This is the way to get to know Bolivia "from inside"; learning about the local life both in the capital cities and in the indigenous communities. Experience tours within museums and archaeological sites reveling ancient cultures surrounded by the most impressive national parks and natural reserves that house an enormous amount of biodiversity.
The following are the most visited communities:
- San Miguel del Bala offers ecologic lodges in Madidi National Park, in the middle of the Bolivian Amazon.
- Red de Hoteles Tayka, in Uyuni Salt Flat and Eduardo Avaroa Natural Reserve
- Tomarapi offers an eco-lodge in Sajama National Park.
- Red Apthapi has lodges at Isla del Sol and experiential tourism routes at Isla de la Luna and Copacabana.
Surrounded by mystical Lake Titicaca
- Isla Pariti houses a museum with fine ceramic pieces from Tiwanaku culture. The most representative piece is called El Señor de los Patos (the Lord of the Ducks) which is known for its perfection and artistic quality compared with pieces of the Roman Empire or creations of Leonardo Da Vinci.